The Exchange of Experts Programme is open to all who:
- Are active in the field of civil protection, and
- Function in a professional or volunteer capacity within a civil protection institution or organization that:
- has a recognized role in civil protection such as governmental departments, emergency services and scientific institutes;
- is located in one of the participating states in the UCPM or eligible third countries.
The priority areas for exchanges in 2021 are:
- Cross-border cooperation
- Communication and awareness-raising
- Fires, including forest fires, ground and aerial fire-fighting
- Disaster management (such as prevention reporting obligations, operational coordination, capability development, international deployment)
- New and emerging threats
- Participation from EoE programme countries with lower participation rates
NTC approval: Eligibility to participate in the Exchange of Experts Programme is dependent on gaining the approval of the National Training Coordinator (NTC) of your country.
Language requirements: experts must be have sufficient appropriate language skills (English and/or the language of the nation(s) visited) to ensure a successful exchange.
Equal opportunities: The programme explicitly encourages the participation of female experts.
Under certain circumstances, an interpreter may be provided if necessary for the successful completion of the exchange.